Thursday 26 April 2012

Finished Sea scape



I've been working on this one for a while now. This is where I left it ...











This is the finished painting below. I've added more buildings and telegraph poles to the landscape to make this a seaside community under the eye of the storm, rather than just a lone building.











I've given the sea a bit more substance with more paint and I've used some more gold in the clouds. Finally, I've used charcoal to darken the surface a few degrees.
Recording the stages of work on this blog has been an interesting process for me and sometimes I wonder if I should have left the painting at an earlier stage. I am often tempted to darken things towards the end of a piece. What do you think in this case?

2 comments:

  1. I like light colors, so I'd rather prefer the unfinished one. But the latest is much more powerful...So, to me it's unclear if there is a better version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a real irish weather...;)))
    I love the second painting.

    ReplyDelete